Services are normally offered during our office hours – Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm – with the exception of some cultural & social activities, which can take place on evenings or weekends.
The Casework Surgery is run on certain days and by appointment only. Please click here for further details.
Additionally, we also run a Freephone helpline called the Chinese Lantern Project. This helpline covers many different subjects and is available to all members of the Chinese community in the South West region. The phone line is open from 10am-4pm, Mon-Fri. Please see here for further details.
The Group is able to provide a wide range of services for Chinese women and their families. These include:
- Providing a care support service for the elderly, infirm and disabled
- Providing a casework service
- Translation and interpreting
- Help in fighting racial harassment and discrimination
- Making referrals for help and advice on legal and immigration issues
- Liaising on their behalf with statutory and voluntary agencies
- Running a drop-in day centre
- Helping to break down social isolation
- Providing information on education, employment and enterprise training
- Providing information and advice on health matters
- Providing help and advice on housing and benefits
- Fighting for the provision of housing schemes for the elderly
- Running English classes
- Providing information on crime prevention
- Providing training for employment
- Running cultural and social trips