Trip to Plymouth. This went very well. We had a wonderful time with our carers and elders in Plymouth. Please see photos on Facebook.
Mayor Marvin Rees and our Director, Rosa Hui enjoyed a kick about!! See the video on Facebook.
市長Marvin Rees與本會董事Rosa Hui在輕鬆氣氛下享受射守球的樂趣。
Our first Multicultural Cookery Class after we moved to The Vassall Centre.我們搬到The Vassall Centre後的第一個國際美食烹飪班
We all moved into the Vassall Centre in Fishponds, which is a wonderful centre that we share with lots of other ventures who care for the wider community. It has lots of space, has excellent communications, and free parking for everyone.
本會將於本年4月17日遷往新地址 Spur 8, The Vassall Centre, Gill Avenue, Bristol, BS16 2QQ. 本會於4月10日至4月21日搬遷期間會暫停對外工作, 並將於4月24日重開。如果有緊急事情，你仍可致電我們的資訊熱線0808 802 0012,但基於搬遷期間接駁安裝需時，故熱線會暫轉線到手機,因此你可能要付通話費用給你使用的供應商。 我們的新地址交通便利，附近有多條不同巴士路線的巴士站 (5, 16, 17, 47, 47A, 48, 48A, 49, X49, 443) 及更多停車位置。
3月13日我們在Broadmead Baptist Church會有一個「簡介會」，介紹本會提供的服務、現在和明年新開始的國家退休金制度、訂立遺囑的途徑、被盜竊後報案程序以及防盜小貼士。有興趣參加者歡迎致電 0808 802 0012。
We will have a Face-to-Face Surgery at Broadmead Baptist Church on Monday 13th March 2017. Information about our group and services will be covered, including topics about the current and new state pension, will writing, and burglary prevention. Please call us at 0808 802 0012 to for more information.
We held a BME Carers’ Open Day/Launch of the report on the “Dementia Experiences of Caribbean, Chinese and South Asian people in Bristol” on Monday, 20th February 2017 at City Hall.
Our Guests of Honour included Lord Phillip Hunt of Kings Heath and Marvin Rees, the Mayor of Bristol. Our Director, Rosa Hui MBE DL who initiated the research project gave background to the research.
This month we were also recruiting Care Support Workers.
We also did some cooking.
剛剛結束 逢週三 國際美食烹飪班 大家品嚐了 來自印尼特色甜品 紅龜粿 據說是印尼喜慶日子 特別甜品 看看大家吃的多開心 婦女會國際烹飪美食班 在這裏不僅可以真正品嚐各國特色小食 還可以認識好多新朋友 加入我們吧！諮詢電話：0808-802-0012 無論座機 和手機 撥打完全免費
and of course we celebrated the New Year.
We would also like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy & Prosperous New Year.
- BACWG will have a stall at the International Women’s Day celebration at Mshed, Prince’s Wharf, Bristol, on Saturday, 12 March 2016 from 11am-5pm. This will be a day of free workshops, activities, stalls, music, speakers and more. Come and celebrate with us! Details are on the Bristol Women’s Voice webpage, plus there will be a free crèche and free transport available for some groups of women. Contact BWV for more details on 07972 673782.
Sep 2015-May 2016
- Chinese Carers Support Group 2015-16: Sessions run from 10:00am to 12:00pm at St Agnes Church. Dates are 29 Sep 2015, 10 Nov 15, 8 Dec 15, 5 Jan 2016, 2 Feb 2016, 1 Mar 2016, 5 Apr 2016 and 3 May 2016. (Subject to change) Sessions include talks on useful support services, practical training for carers, fun activities, gentle exercise/taichi, origami, complimentary therapy, day trips, etc.
- BACWG will once again be holding a stall at the Chinese New Year celebration at Bristol City Museum. This event will be held across two days on Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 7th of February from 10am-4:30pm. There will be spectacular traditional and contemporary performances, workshops and activities for all the family. Visitors will be able to try their hands at paper folding, watch amazing martial arts demonstrations and incredible dances, taste a special tea, learn about their zodiac sign and much more. Please come and join us!
- Blue Monday, an advice fair at The Galleries hosted by the Happy City Initiative. This will be held on 18 January 2016 from 10am to 4pm.
- BACWG will be holding our rescheduled AGM at 11am on Sunday, 17 January 2016 at Penfield Court, Mina Road, St. Werburgh, Bristol, BS2 9YE. Our theme for this year is Integrated Care. There will be an important discussion about our group, Chinese Lantern Project launch and useful talks given by officers from Bristol City Council and a solicitor. Lunch will be provided (free for members; £5 for non members). Please call 0117 935 1462 to book a place.
- Healthy Lifestyle Project II: Sessions run from 11:30am-1:30pm on Wednesdays at St Agnes Church. Dates are 23 September, 14 & 21 October, 4 & 18 November, 2 & 16 December. (Subject to change.) Each session includes singing, activities, gentle exercise/health dance and storytelling. It helps you to reduce loneliness & isolation, meet new & old friends, maintain an active lifestyle.
- BACWG will hold a stall at the Careers Rights Day organised by The Carers Support Centre this Friday, 20th November, 10:30 am–3:30pm at the Vassall Centre, Gill Avenue, Bristol, BS16 2QQ. It will include information sessions, free therapy (massage, manicure or pedicure) and a free lunch. It’s going to be informative and interesting. Please contact us if you are interested in coming.
- Evergreen Day: 7 October 2015, 10:30am-1:30pm at St Agnes Church. This event is part of Celebrating Age Festival. There will be an introduction of recycling followed by recycling activities. The elderly will be encouraged to bring in old magazines, shoe boxes and any old materials to make their own cards and gift boxes.
- Relaxation sessions: 11 & 18 May, 10am-12pm
- Carers support group: 5 May, 10am-12pm. This is the final scheduled session for the 2014-15 round. We welcome people’s ideas for future activities in this series. See our poster for further details.
- ESOL for Work: 14 April until 23 June, every Tuesday from 10am-12pm at Penfield Court. See our poster for further details.Apr 2015Dementia focus group: Monday, 20 April, 10am–3pm in the BACWG Church Hall. See our poster for further details.
- Relaxation training: 13 & 20 April, 10am-12pm
- Carers support group: 7 & 28 April, 10am-12pm. See our poster for further details.
- The Police Commissioner’s Visit: 1 April, 11:30am–12:30pm at BACWG
- Carers support group: 3 March & 24 March, 10am-12pm
- Chinese New Year at the Bristol City Museum: On Saturday, 21 February, BACWG will have a stall teaching paper folding as part of the Council’s celebration of the Year of the Sheep
- 25th Anniversary Celebration/Chinese New Year: From 11.00am to 4.00pm on Monday, 16 February, we will be jointly celebrating the 25th anniversary of the formation of the Bristol and Avon Chinese Women’s Group and the Chinese New Year of the Sheep. The celebration will be held at the Water Sky Chinese restaurant on Eastgate Road, Bristol. Tickets for this event are £25 and all proceeds will be reinvested in the Group in order to help us continue our work. For more information and to purchase tickets please call our office on 0117 935 1462.
- Carers support group: 3 February, 10am-12pm
- Carers support group: 6 January & 20 January, 10am-12pm
- Our Chinese New Year Party was held in conjuntion with our 24th Anniversary, which was celebrated on Sunday, 21 April 2013 at BAWA.
- Golden Canary – There will be art sessions, gentle exercise, dancing and cooking. Sessions took place on Wednesdays, 6th and 20th March, 3rd and 17th April 2013.
- Chinese New Year Celebration – Year of the Snake at Bristol Museum – During the Saturday, 9 February 2013 celebration at Bristol Museum, the Bristol and Avon Chinese Women’s Group provided the community with a chance to participate in creative Chinese art of Origami which attracted many children and elder people.
- On Sunday, 16th December 2012 the Group hosted the Annual General Meeting and Christmas party. Over 50 people talked with Bristol City Councillors, two of them came from Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
- A group of Chinese visited the Lord Mayor’s Mansion House on Wednesday, 7th November 2012. They were then given a tour of the Mansion House and its collection of artwork and silverware.
- Hearing and Vision Health Workshop – Here attendees learnt about recognising the symptoms of hearing and vision loss, different types of diseases that affect ears and eyes and where to get htreatment. The event took place on Monday, 5 November 2012.
- Discover Festival 2012 Origami Taster Class – As part of South Gloucestershire Council’s Discover Festival, the Bristol and Avon Chinese Women’s Group provided the community with a chance to learn the creative Chinese art of Origami on Monday, 10 September 2012.